Twinning of Schools
- Sharing of best practices on academic and co-curricular activities between partner schools
- Capacity building of Teachers and Students through knowledge sharing
- Enabling students to have hands-on learning with Peer-to-Peer and group learning
- Enable both the partner schools to adopt best practices from each other
- Get an exposure to the strength and weakness of self and others and learn jointly
- Provide opportunities to the teaching fraternity to adopt better and more effective practices
- Total 12,988 government schools spread across 33 Districts of Gujarat participated in Twinning of Schools program
Twinning of schools is known as ‘Partnership among schools’ under which two schools come together for greater exposure. The aim is to promote shared learning among students and teachers with focus to encourage learning inside and outside the classroom. This results in increased interaction amongst students and teachers, sharing of experiences, ideas and best practices.
Following activities were conducted as part of Twinning visits :
Effectiveness of the Program
- Attend School Assembly, Introduction and Sharing the purpose of visit and plan for the day
- Observation visit of School- Library, Laboratory, Nursery, Kitchen Shed, Playground, Drinking water and Sanitation facilities, Aushadh bagh, Bulletin board etc
- Display of innovative and best practices by host school
- Sports or Cultural activities
- Debate, Elocution contest, puzzles, Pustak mela, Science/Math Fair etc.
- Participating schools had the opportunity to exchange work within academic and co-curricular activities.
- Enhance the capacity of teachers and students through knowledge sharing
- Synchronization of each other's abilities provided an opportunity to learn jointly by complementing each other's weaknesses.
- The Twinning of School program has been instrumental in strengthening the learning process by providing students with an environment for peer learning and group learning.
- This program provided teachers with the opportunity to adopt better and effective teaching methods.
WELCOMING THE GUEST SCHOOL
ASSEMLY ON THE DAY OF VISIT