MIS & Digital Initiatives
Since quality is a major concern and is one of the objectives of Samagra Shiksha (SS) monitoring is very important. It is also important that all schools are visited, and quality indicators are periodically collected, updated, verified and analyzed to achieve the objectives of SS. To meet the requirement of the program objectives, the emphasis is given on Management Information System (MIS) to review the scenario of school education in the context of planning for thrust area.
Samagra Shiksha-Gujarat is being monitored closely through a computerized information system to track the progress of the project interventions as well as planning and implementation of the interventions.
The Management Information System Cell at the State Project Office (SPO), District Project Offices in all districts and Block Level Office in all Talukas have been fully operationalized with adequate infrastructure and manpower.
Since quality is a major concern and is one of the objectives of Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan, monitoring is very important. It is also important that educational information for the key indicators are periodically collected, updated, verified and analyzed to plan, implement & monitor the interventions for achieving the objectives of Samagra Shiksha.
To meet the requirement of the programme objectives, the emphasis is given on Management Information System (MIS) to review the scenario of school education in the context of planning for thrust area.
In the contemporary context, the key highlights of MIS activities are as per the following:
- Data collection, compilation, analysis and data dissemination for UDISE+ (Unified District Information System for Education Plus)
- Preparation of Annual Work Plan for all 33 districts and 4 Corporations
- Continuous support to BRCCs, District and Block MIS personnel with regard to day to day requirement of information
- Implementation and monitoring of ICT and Digital initiatives like Computer Aided Learning, Digital Interactive Classroom-Gyankunj, Internet Connectivity at Schools, Virtual Classroom etc.
- Technical support for development, deployment and utilization of digital e-Content
- Maintaining and updating child wise database of the students Grade I-XII for entire state under Child Tracking System-Aadhaar Enabled DISE
- Capacity building of teachers in ICT Operations & basic troubleshooting and basic operations of applications
- Updating information for School Education sector for indicators or index or dashboard prescribed by MHRD, Government of India and Government of Gujarat
- Providing ease of program implementation of monitoring through applications / online platforms for School Monitoring, Summative, formative & Periodical Assessments, Special Education to CWsN, etc.
- Providing an integrated application and platform for schools with functionalities to reduce the administrative work load of Head Teachers
- Capturing, compiling and analysis of daily attendance for students and teachers through Centralized Online Attendance System
- Developing and deploying Video Conferencing Solution or Virtual Classroom Platform for schools and students
- Operating Command & Control Centre for Schools for sensitizing and monitoring the field activities for promoting accountability among stakeholders
MIS & DIGITAL INITIATIVES